This video shows the three step sparring drills of sanbon kumite that are used in the SKIF system of Master Kanazawa. Part 1 includes number 1 & number 2, which is required content for yellow and orange belts.
The moves of Heian Nidan are explained verbally while the kata is demonstrated.
Eighth to Seventh Kyu (Yellow to Orange Belt)
From zenkutsu-dachi (front stance), gedan-barai (downward block)
- Chudan oizuki (middle level front punch)
- Chudan gyakuzuki (middle level reverse punch)
- Age-uke, gyakuzuki (rising block, reverse punch)
- Soto-uke, gyakuzuki (outer block, reverse punch)
- Uchi-uke, gyakuzuki (inner block, reverse punch)
From kokutsu-dachi (back stance)
- Shuto-uke (knife hand block)
From zenkutsu-dachi (front stance)
- Maegeri (front kick)
- Mawashigeri (roundhouse kick)
From kiba-dachi (horse-riding stance)
- Yokogeri-keage (side snap kick)
- Yokogeri-kekomi (side thrust kick)
All basic movements are done to count on examiner’s command.
- Heian Shodan
- Heian Nidan
- Sanbon kumite (three-step sparring)
1. Number one sequence (left side only)
2. Number two sequence (left side only)